Friday, March 21, 2014

S'mores

Hello everyone hope you all are enjoying spring, I know I am. Though I must say I'm still wearing a lot of fall colors I just can't help it I gravitate towards darker colors and hues. Recently I've been buying a lot of patterns that are separates instead of dress patterns because I want to be able to mix and match my creations. While looking around on etsy I found this beautiful skirt pattern that I just had to have.

This is the pattern and I just fell in love so of course I bought though it was a very large pattern so I ended up having to shorten in when I transferred it to fabric. The type of fabric I used was a linen blend so it drapes very well though I'd watch out for windy days.


This is my lovely circle skirt, I shopped around Joanns for two hours and still ended up picking a dark color but I really love this color brown. I paired it with some vintage boots I received, some brown tights and a sleeveless turtle neck with minimal accessories. I really love this entire outfit and the scarf is also vintage. This can be a fun flirty outfit that can even be worn to a laid back job.

I really had fun creating this skirt because it's something simple to make and you can make a ton with different designs on it like on the pattern shown.






I'm hoping to make more of these skirts in the future, I hope you enjoyed.

Ja ne everyone!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment